Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 10, 30, 14, 15, and 16

June 10: Today I worked with NDC on a presentation and activity to present to the United World College summer school. Elvir, the co-cordinator for NDC presented information that focused on the importance dialogue and reconciliation. Later, we separated into two groups for an activity to better understand these terms. I worked with about 30 students to facilitate the activity called Dialogue about Dialogue. They were given a list of words related to dialogue and asked to put them in a hierarchy as a group. This way, they were learning the terms and trying to abide by the terms as they were putting them into categories. After the activity, the kids were brought together again to present to the rest of the class. Everyone was very engaged with the activity so it worked well. After, Elvir presented a real life project (their student integration project in Stolac) to incorporate the terms and concepts learned earlier into a real life situation.
In the afternoon I received material from another member of NDC to proofread. It is about 40 pages so I think I will be working on this more next week as well.
June 13: At NDC today I finished all of the edits because they had to be put into the computer right away… it took up my whole day.
June 14: Today I went on field visit with GAP to have a meeting with the Mayor and review the cities work on implementing a better water system in Nevesinje (which is about an hour away from Mostar) and building a road that connects them to other cities leads to a historical bridge that was built during the Ottoman empire (for tourists business hopefully). I'm so excited!! This will be my first major project with GAP. I also received some documents from the GAP Sarajevo office to proofread. Wahooo!!!  Ha… kind of weird to be excited for but I kind of like doing that stuff :)
June 15 and 16: The past couple days in my internships I have been editing documents (success stories) in English and doing some research. Tomorrow I will be going to Sarajevo to meet with GAP members stationed there as well as meeting with the gender equality team for further internship work. Also, on Monday, the directors of our internship are coming on Monday to visit and see how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment